A Place To list Vista Beta 2 Problem

Do you reply to advice before you try it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• No

• Im to smart for advice!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hello,

Slow booting up and especially shutting down, although it is a beta version. Vista informs me that performance issues are due to driver issues.

No available audigy sound blaster driver for build 5384.4 yet. Using a Windows XP driver and although it works, the audio distrorts sometimes.

Explorer has crashed several times...but other than that, it's working okay :) .

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Slow booting up and especially shutting down, although it is a beta version. Vista informs me that performance issues are due to driver issues.

No available audigy sound blaster driver for build 5384.4 yet. Using a Windows XP driver and although it works, the audio distrorts sometimes.

Explorer has crashed several times...but other than that, it's working okay :) .

I would gather its your sound drivers that are cusing the issue. Try uding the kX Project Drivers. This is what i use for sound with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and it works fine.;)

i'm starting to believe that the fact that i have vista installed within VMware is causing my problems. the nvidia driver will not install and it is telling me that the OS system i am running is not windows vista

i can't quite figure this problem out

I really like Vista but yeah it has problems. it was always going to. My main problems are just within games though so its not too bad.
In COD2 i get kicked from Pb enabled servers with an error saying "inadequate O/S privileges" when i have admin rights. and in UT2004 my settings reset everytime it is loaded up which is a pain.

Re: Re: Re:

Makaveli213 said:
I would gather its your sound drivers that are cusing the issue. Try uding the kX Project Drivers. This is what i use for sound with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and it works fine.;)

Thanks! :)

I hooked my analog vga cord (I was using dv-I) up and restart the machine after installing the vista 64 bit drivers. I have a screen now. I going to unhook it to see if that was it.

it rebooted to the default 1280 X 1024 resolution, though

I hate it.

It doesnt co-operate on my system. It's probably because my system is underpowered for Vista.

Also drivers are hard to find. It's better to use a transformation pack with XP installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom