Great Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I just purchased an Athlon 64 3800+ Venice at zipzoomfly for just $149! I'm building a computer for my sister and didn't think I'd be able to find such a great CPU for so cheap. I'm excited. However, I don't know why it was so inexpensive. Here is a link for anyone else that is interested.

Click here

Any ideas on why it would be just $149?

ya that is very odd i just looked through on their sales and it said it was still like 285?? very odd... thats close to half the price!

Indeed. It is double listed at the more expensive price but then at this cheaper price also. Oh well, it's a great way to get a very fast system for much cheaper.

i worried about the L2 cache as well, but it makes very little difference on the overall performance, i think like 5% performance decrease w/ half the L2 cache... i was willing to accept this

with 10$ more you could have bought the AM2 socket so that if you wanted to upgrade to K8L later, you wouldn't need a new motherboard.
I'm waiting for 50% drop in 4000-4800 models. That will be much better.

Don't buy it. You can get the 3200+ oc'd to the 3800+ and its even cheaper! I got the 3000+ to 2.38 and it benches just under the 3800. The 3000+ Venice is $104 and it's very OCable!!!

I'm building the computer for my sister to take to college so I'd rather not overclock a processor if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom