Possible for my PC to overheat if I buy a 7800GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the brand for my PSU was a peice of crap, it wasn't even on newegg. Considering it came prebuilt with an HP machine, it's obvious it won't be good. The only thing I like about my PC right now is my Hard Drive, which is a 200GB Seagate Professional series 7200RPM Which is a good hard drive.

Whoa.......yeah, I coulda told you that the PSU wouldn't have been anywhere close to acceptable if it originated in an HP machine.

You don't necessarily need to spend $200 on a PSU man. If you really want to, then the answer is yes, that's a really good PSU and it will last you for a long time.

As far as it fitting, well.....all PSU's are supposed to be the same size, however, since yours came in the HP I'm guessing the PSU was a proprietary part and will only fit in that HP type case assuming that's what you're using.

I think what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna save up the money I have now plus more money and wait till Vista comes out and all the new socket motherboards and stuff and once I have enough money I'll get me a good next-gen system.

Sounds like a good plan. From what I can tell, you're trying to upgrade a machine that doesn't like upgrades outside of it's own company.

Building a fresh new one from scratch would be better, plus by then you'll have more cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom