PC STILL won't detect AGP slot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, found this... seems this is a problem with a few Radeon cards. Anyhow, download and install the latest ATI control panel, open SmartGART, set to 4x and turn on fastwrites. Then reboot and see if the settings held. If they did then you should b able to enable all the AGP features in dxdiag

also, if your having 8x problems load the latest chipset drivers for the MBD. Not bios, but the chipset. Should be a 4in1 driver.

boot into safe mode , in device manager just remove the video card all together and reboot normal .See if that will help . Use the latest drivers .

Killian, I have tried going into the CP and setting the AGP to 4x and turning on fastwrite, but when the comp restarts, the settings dont hold, and it is set back to "OFF"

Cappy, I dont know about doing that yet, until all of my other options are tested. My luck when I remove the video card, I wont be able to get it working again.

Anyways, thanks for the support guys.

I ran into a similiar scenario .1st i made sure no drivers remained .
I went through add/remove programs removing all the related progys for the card first .When you reboot dont install the new card yet .Then using Driver Cleaner 2 clear out the remainder.
Then go into device manager and remove the device all together .Then after you reboot dont install the card when new hardware found comes up .After your booted into your OS then find your latest Drivers and install the card .Ive had no problems with this procedure .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom