My PC........

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to sell my PC, and would like to get feedback from British members of the forum. There's no use converting it back to dollars for the equivalent in US currency, because your PC parts are cheaper than ours in the UK.

My Rig:

Athlon XP 3000+
768MB RAM
256MB GeForce 6600
40GB HDD
DVD ROM/CDRW
17" CRT
Keybord, Mouse

I'm thinking of something in the line of 350GBP, but not really a **** of a lot of interest at that price. Am I charging too much? I don't really think so, it runs better than a 350GBP Dell for instance. What are your thoughts?

The thing is, I get guys e-mailing me back offering me 200 or 250. I really want to sell it, but I'm not gonna sell it for less than it is worth. Thanks for the reply nitestick, I agree, I think it's quite reasonable. Come on someone, buy it! I wanna upgrade! lol

Cool Mentalist, that's actually the minimum I'm willing to sell it for, cause I have a buyer offering me a great price for my Gainward 7800GS, so if I get at least 300 for it, I can upgrade a get a dual core and 7900GT! Woot!

What ****es me off a bit, is the fact that you've got guys advertising P4 2.8, with a 6800GT for 800, and saying it's the fastest PC you'll get for that price. Sometimes I feel like sending the dude an email and letting him know what you can get for 800. But then I'd just be another timewaster, which I certainly am not.

To be honest, buy the cheapest stick of 256mb ram you can get, put that in the PC and you will get more than RAM cost back.

£350 was pushing it, as you can build one better for cheaper. £300 may be slightly over what it is worth to the average Joe.

I've got a 256MB stick, but the mobo has only 3 DDR slots, and I've got 3 512s in there now. I'm planning on keeping 2, and putting the 256 in to make a total of 768MB. I need the 2 512MB matched pair sticks for the upgrade, and I've got a crazy tight budget, so I realy need to keep the RAM, otherwise I'm going over budget. I'll have money later, but I'm itching to upgrade now.

For the ugrade, I've got a 500GBP budget, and I'm planning on getting a X2 3800+, MSI K8N Neo4, 7900GT and a Trupower2 550. I've got a cheap case lying around, so my purchases will come in just below 500.

I would wait till conroe comes out, not so you can buy one but because the prices of other cpu's will go down. The x2 3800 probably will.
btw where do you buy from?
You should only buy from these imo;
www.ebuyer.com www.scan.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk
Ebuyer is probably the cheapest although scan does a daily offer on loads of things and they will usually have amd cpu's everyday and they do weekly bundles offers where you can buy say a cpu, mobo and ram or sumthing. Overclockers does a weekly offers section too.

For the 500 budget, I got the X2 3800+, and the PSU from Ebuyer, and the GFX and mobo from Scan. It suck that Ebuyer's selection on certain things are so limited, because they do have pretty cheap prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom