Flaming Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Firefox has been driving me nuts!

it works fine until i start downloading something then it reboots my computer. No blue screen or error message it just reboots and this only happens when I download! :confused:

Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling firefox (having stripped all files and reg entries) still happens.

hmm make sure the CPU isn't gettin too hot...or you're not running out of ram....download speedfan and see

Admittedly it does sound like overheating but my temps are fine and I don't get any errors running prime95. Plus this only happens when downloading in firefox, I can play ut04 or whatever for hours with no problem.

All thats changed recently is firefox has relesed a new version, i've installed a few extra extensions (which i'm not using on the new install) i've upgraded my Kaspersky antivirus from 5 to 6 and i've started using Ewido.

I have checked the drive for errors and defraged it, theres nothing significant in the event viewer (although I am getting some sort of error from the event service itself).

Any suggestions welcome, I think the previous install of firefox got corrupted and somehow thats still affecting the new install.

OK sorry for the double post but I just tried this in IE and the same thing happend!

What is going on! Whats more It seems to be realted to a Specific file i'm trying to download, i've downloaded a few other files without problems.

THe file thats causeing the problems is the cod2 demo from gamespot, it starts downloading and after about a minute my PC reboots. :confused: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom