hacked!!! have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey, i was playing counter strike and some guy came into my server and i found i was unable to kick him and a few minutes later my server crashed so i quickly put back up my ZA firewall which i put down so my friends could join my server and when the firewall launched it began blocking about 20 inbound connections per second and i was wondering how they where able to do this so that i can defend against attacks on the computers on my network to make sure i dont have this happen again

if you know your friends' ip ranges from their ISPs, you can set those as trusted and all else denyable(i believe anyway)

IBMan said:
if you know your friends' ip ranges from their ISPs, you can set those as trusted and all else denyable(i believe anyway)

you could also set your config to just allow your friend's steamids, or create a password on your server

The others are probably right on this matter, but I can add only one thing. Not all firewalls are created eqaul. I recommend one of hte major firewalls - Zone Alarm, Mc Affee or Symantec.

ya it looked a lot like a hack because there where so many connections comming in at once all from different ip's that i traced back to parts of australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom