Not sure if it's a software issue or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
Okay, so yesterday I go to watch a movie in windows XP, it locks up on me and I'm forced to reboot. Then I can't get into windows at all, it just freezes at the windows loading screen. I am then forced to reformat, because I can't even get into safe mode. I did not install any unusual programs ( other than gaim )or anything prior to this occurance.

So after I reformatted today, my computer randomly reboots itself and hangs at the loading screen again. I am now typing this problem to you guys, in debugging mode of windows XP SP2. The programs I have installed are:

-Nod 32 antivirus
-Spyware Doctor
-Alcohol 120%
-Divx player and codecs
-Gaim (Might be causing it?)

if you reformated and its still rendomly rebooting then it seems to me like a hardware problem.
Perhaps overheating or a dodgey PSU.

MrCoffee said:
if you reformated and its still rendomly rebooting then it seems to me like a hardware problem.
Perhaps overheating or a dodgey PSU.

I don't know. All I know is that everything was fine for months until I installed Gaim recently. And I don't think a dodgey PSU would cause it to not boot into windows XP, or hang at the loading screen.

Yes use memtest86 to verify that your instability isnt ram based, if you do get into windows run prime95 to test you core system stability.
Check out your temps in your BIOS, might be worth blowing dust out of your heastsink with some canned air.

Whats your hardware setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom