vista capable laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredw1

Baseband Member
i want to get windows vista once it comes out, but i probably wont be able to buy a new laptop for quite sometime after it comes out, do to financial reasons. so what can i do to my curent laptop to be able to run vista. COMPAQ EVO N610C P4 1.8GHZ, 1GIG, 30GHD, DVD, WIRELESS, XP PRO, ATI RADEON MOBILITY 7500 32MB. CANNOT CHANGE VIDEO CARD!!

To run Windows Vista with all features enabled ("get all eye candy") need.

800 Mhz Processor
64 Megs of Dedicated Video Memory
256 Megs of RAM
DVD ROM, may be external

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
64 Megs is the cutoff for areo eye candy

Vista will not install on a machine with less than 256 RAM, this is in no way a recommended setting.

Microsoft's official minimum requirements state that you need a 800Mhz processor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means your laptop will run Vista rather well from a minimum requirements standpoint but you will not be able to get areo eye candy, meaning no transparent graphics. Do not let anyone tell you different.

It makes your desktop look pretty

Instead of having a nice transparent themed computer it will look some what like a remixed theme for Windows XP (still bubble themed but silver/grey), and you still can use the Legacy Windows/Classic look of Windows 2000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vista for you should look like this, I've taken these pics myself from my older computer that doesn't fit areo requirments. I will post some newer pics of my current PC that has areo enabled latter.

build_5231_official.png

p2p.png

signeddriver.png

components.png

Do you think the processor is REALLY a low requirement? I mean, would a system run fairly well on an 800 MHz with 512? or would it be like sticking xp on BARE MINIMUM requirements. My laptop is a 1.2 with 640 megs of ram, 16 MB video, at this point i dont care at all about the transparent aero crap, But I want to take advantage of vista's "new features" I don't know if I want to go ahead as i do have 128 megs more ram than recommended but only 400 mhz more for proc(it's a PIIIM) So i was just curious, tyler, whether you think it would be worth upgrading for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom