directx10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenihan

Baseband Member
When should the relese of directx10 cards should be?

I hear around the time of windows vista but then I also see release dates that it was already supposed to be released. thanks for looking at this topic.

Take a good search on the forums and youll find many threads that have all the info you want in them. Vista will come out sometime Q1 of 2007 DX10 will come much later. Besides speculation thats all any of should be able to tell you.

So how come microsoft are integrating all this DX10 lark into Vista, if we cant even get the hardware to run it on several months later?

I mean I know its only eyecandy... but it'd be nice to have full functionality when you get it.

Exactly what advantages will DX10 bring anyhoo. And whats with Shader Modeler 4, too? Surely games wont be integrating that for a loooong time.

DX10 hardware is scheduled to come out later this year. Q4, I believe. DX10 will be released with Windows Vista. There will probably be a few months after Vista until you start seeing DX10 capable games being released.

P.P. Mguire said:
DX10 is not scheduled to be released until way after Vista comes out. Please read faqs before posting information.

You should take your own advice. DirectX 10 is embedded into the Windows Vista operating system. The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10. They also added a new DirectX 9.0L for backwards compatibility. DirectX 10 will be released with Vista because Vista practically depends on it. I had heard rumors that DirectX 10 delays are part of the reason that Vista was delayed until January, but not certain.

Also, DirectX 10 will not be released for Windows XP if anyone was curious.

AnthraX said:
You should take your own advice. DirectX 10 is embedded into the Windows Vista operating system. The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10. They also added a new DirectX 9.0L for backwards compatibility. DirectX 10 will be released with Vista because Vista practically depends on it. I had heard rumors that DirectX 10 delays are part of the reason that Vista was delayed until January, but not certain.

Also, DirectX 10 will not be released for Windows XP if anyone was curious.
Exuse me are you saying that Vista has DX10 built directly into it, I've tested it for years I would feel stupid if I failed to notice something that large.

AnthraX said:
The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10.

Are you suggesting DX10 is required for "Aero"? because that goes completely against what written on Microsoft webpage

Windows Aero requires:

* DirectX 9 class graphics processor that:
o Supports a WDDM Driver.
o Supports Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware.
o Supports 32 bits per pixel.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capablefootnotes.mspx

Windows Vista was made too take advantage of DX10 but it does not have it as part as the windows and they donÂ’t need to release DX10 with Vista for it too work.

Alright, I apologize. I was wrong. I guess I had read a couple of bad articles, or interpretted them wrong. However, I am almost completely certain DX10 is going to be released along with Windows Vista.

Obviously not. Vist premium (when it is released) will be released w/ DX10 integrated. The first copy of Vista to hit the market will not have DX10 integrated.
EDIT: your thinking of DirectX9d as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom