Conroe Shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of you have bought into Intel marketing at this point, there are gonna be plenty of these cores circulating in due time but thanks to the hype and marketing that many of you have done for Intel, muchlike the rumour of 939 opterons being discontinued, they're just trying to get everyone scrambling out to get them and I can already tell it's working

as for keeping most of their fabs producing netburst, that makes perfect sense as well. If you knew absolutely nothing about processors would you rather buy a 3GHz Pentium D or a 2Ghz Core Cuo? Enthusiast market is a very small minority of the market and Intel isn't gonna be trying to please the enthusiast market, they're trying to please the resellers namely Dell, Compaq, HP etc.

I still have a huge feeling many of you are going to be in for a real letdown, this isn't the same thing as when the venices were released or the opterons for that many where there were already a wide assortment of tested and tweaked boards...no doubt many of you are going end up with a nice core but a crap board to go with it because you didn't wait and let this stuff mature...NEVER ever buy leading edge technology as it will almost always be buggy

that said, your money...I don't particularily care as I am fine with my current processor and couldn't give a crap if it takes longer than 10 seconds to calculate a number

Conroes will not go only in the high-end Dell systems simply because they are not expensive. Any budget Dell PC can incorporate E6500.

That's correct, intel couldn't care less about private pc builders because there is no real market value there. At the same time people who have no clue about CPUs will likely be so clueless as to not buy a computer based on GHz and thus choose NetBurst over Conroe. More intelligent or simply parsimonious consumers will either consult with friends or just call Dell and find out that Conroe is superior.

I have never built my own computer and the belief that Conroe will have a lot of bugs is just another reason why AM2 is better for now. I wouldn't care about getting a processor right now either (the best time would be around the beginning of 2007), but given that going to AM2 from my archaic computer is going to give me more than 200% improvement, it's totally worthwhile for me. I haven't upgraded since 2002!

No one is talking about a delay in Conroe's release. It will be released on the 23rd just fine.

Releasing something, and having actually availability, are two totally different things.

I'm like Gaara. I could care less about the new stuff, and probably won't for a while. The new boards are going to be a nightmare for the most part, but the earliest cores sometimes turn out the be the overslocking monsters.

Once all this has matured, or maybe the next generation, I'll actually consider buying.

Yeah, it seems so. I have gone ahead and am building a new system with AM2. I would appreciate any input (another thread: here ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom