Error message-not enough extended memory????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi, I just got this error this morning and my pc was working fine the other day and for the past 3 months. And I didn't know where to pst so I thoguht maybe here would be the best place.

Windows NT has not found enough extended memory. 7MB of extended memory to run Windows NT is required. You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program providied by the manufacturer.

Memory Map:
00000000_0009F400
00105000_003E5000

I have never encoutered this before therefore do not know what to do.

My pc specs are:

AMD athlon 64 X2 4800+
2048MB corsair twinx pro (2 sticks) RAM
ABIT AN8 nf4 fata1ty mobo
geforce 7900 gtx

I am on windows xp professional, and it is not overclocked. I don't know what else you want from me so let me know (I think you only really need RAM and mobo details right?)

Extended memory, i seem to think is the extension of RAM onto your hard drive,? I dont know whether you can boot to windows, but if you can try and extend the virtual memory? thats all i can think of!

Ruan

ok ill try talking out the RAM but I can't see why it would be damaged. Is there anything I can do in bios? And no I cannot boot to windows.

to be honest i totally forgot to try that idea. Once i get home I will try it but what if i can't and I doubt it will looking at the error message. I do know I can get into BIOS fine. I tried resetting my bios to see if that worked and it didn't. Also I have made a boot disk for BIOS update to try at home and I will try swapping my RAM sticks too. But thats all I know for now. I am at my uncles right now so all the help I can get while I am here to take home will be helpful as it saves me coming back.

hi guys, ok I am on my own computer now it is working. Leaving the RAM sticks as they were caused that error then swpaping just made the computer restart everytime it got to the welcome screen or cause other errors. SO i tried them separately and it seems to be that one of the RAM sticks is not working right. So I am now running on one untiul i can get the other one replaced BUT Iam getting this message eveytime windows comes on:

Windows - Registry recovery

one of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. the reconvery was succesful.

It comes on everytime time. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom