Now Post No Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Today my brother went out and brought a new computer case, witched meant I had to spend 1-2 hours transferring all his stuff from his old case. After i was done and tried to boot the computer would start but no Post or Beep at all.

I tried without any drives connected
I tried with no Video Card
I tried with no Ram
I tried with nothing except the 2 Power cables

All producing No post, error beeps.

I also tried re-seating the Motherboard and CPU to no avail.

System Specs:
Intel P4 S478 3.2 GHz
Gigabyte GA8IPE-1000G (Latest Bios)
1GB Generic PC2700 Ram
9800Pro

What could this mean? my understanding was even without Ram,Video card connected the motherboard should still beep.

sounds like you might not have connected the motherboard speaker. Or it isn't working. If the pc boots into windows and everything seems ok might not need to worry. Check the motherboard manual and find the pc speaker and make sure its connected correctly.

i did not plug speakers in, and my bros new PSU came with some weird round thing with 4 pins saying "Speaker" witch i hooked up to the motherboard.

I will try again with the speakers plugged into the motherboard when i get home.

the motherboard one you described is the one I'm talking about, that's normally the one that gives off beeps. it doesn't come through proper speakers but through a motherboard speaker. Check that its connected right.

But the thing is befor i got this new case and PSU it would beep without this thing. And for memory the beep did'nt come from my the speakers either.

do you mean the speakers as in ones you plug into your comp? The motherboard has a speaker on it. theres connections to hook up sound ports but there should be connections to hook up the motherboard speaker lol its confusing me!

Befor i got this new case, i use to hear the beeps from the motherboard not my computer speakers plugged into the speaker jack. Thats why i think this new "Speaker" thing i got with the case wont make much of a differance.

Just got home and had another try... still nothing. I tried with the speakers pluged into the motherboard and with that small round thing i was provided with.

Still No Post or Beeps.

Im going to get my mates dad to have a look at it this week(hes a comp tech) and hopefully he will find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom