Help with my friends Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
you said he had a upstairs pc :) could always try exchanging parts with that, might be a long boring process.

He could take it too a pc repair shop but they can rip you off. He should ask around if any friends have spare parts.

I wouldnt rule out a problem with the monitor also.

What was his sister doing on the computer before it died?

ye that is why i was asking here for him to get an idea of what might be wrong since pc repair shops can rip off.
he is actually not very experience with computers and changing parts and i wouldnt feel right taking apart his only working pc as i am not that confident incase anything happens.
Thanks

leonardmp92 said:
I wouldnt rule out a problem with the monitor also.

What was his sister doing on the computer before it died?
Msn. Ill tell him to try it with his upstairs monitor now.
Thanks

Also i dont not think it would be monitor problem since of the psu switching off automaticly and the optical drive not working and not being able to turn it off using the on/off button.
Thanks

Good point. It could be a problem with the monitor AND other stuff, including a bad HSF so the CPU is overheating and the shutting down the computer.

Maybe the graphcis card is overheating/GPU fan broken so the monitor is not working, and overheating the entire mobo so everything shuts down??? Not sure if that can actually happen though. Just wild guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom