Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have made it sound like I understood less than I did. I have a backup of my hd so Ill be ok if anything goes run. To simplify:

1) How do you get past the 2gb limit of Nero when burning a bootable dvd disc?
2) Any good programs to partition my hard drive with?

hmm, there is no option to burn with nero on a right click. (Nero 6).

It still calls itself a WinRAR archive and wants to be extracted. Nothing happens when I do this except I get a readme file.

I have burnt it to a dvd with Nero but not a bootable dvd. It did not load from the cd in bootup when I selected CD-ROM as the 1st boot priority.

Does it say anything about Nero?

Type in, assuming D is the drive:

D:\
Setup (or try setup.exe)

I just get a window that opens with the 4.1gb iso file in it. It calls itself a WinRAR file. The only thing I can do is double click to open it in WinRAR. Extracting does nothing.

This is what the readme says if it is of any use:

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

Thanks for the advice.

NEVER EXTRACT A BOOTABLE iso with winrar. it won't boot.

in nero select burn as disc image.

help. I can't find the link to the product key when I sign in

Is there a way to check if I have extracted it with WinRar? I can't remember... :(

You go to the bottom and select country. Sign in and it will then email you a link to the product key.

For nero 6 just open nero start smart, and click on the dvd tab (there is no 2gb limit) and click burn image to disc and when the open file box opens make sure you select image files (iso*,cue*,nrg*) from the drop down menu on the file type area (nero compulations is the default and won't let you to see the iso) browse to where you saved the iso file and highlight it and open it, and then click next and iti will burn it properly.

EricB said:

help. I can't find the link to the product key when I sign in

If you used the links directly from MS it show's you the product key before you download it. so just go to the link and get a product key.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

ok, I have done that Flashdude so I have got an iso.dlm 4.1gb file.

However I can not open it to get a setup or boot from it.

What have I done wrong? Im not sure if I have extracted it or not.

TicTac2 said:
ok, I have done that Flashdude so I have got an iso.dlm 4.1gb file.

However I can not open it to get a setup or boot from it.

What have I done wrong? Im not sure if I have extracted it or not.

If it is the 32bit version it is to big and probably you extracted it, You need to find the original file, If you don't have it you will have to re download i would guess. If its the 64bit version its around the right size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom