Help with my friends Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s-Zer0

Daemon Poster
hi, well i was talking to my friend on msn this morning and he said his downstairs pc broke and he didnt know what was wrong.
His pc is a Amd sempron/256mb ram/Geforce fx 5700le on xp home.

He said, "my sister was on the pc and it just turned off and wouldnt turn back on. When i tried to press the on button it would turn on but the monitor wouldnt detect the pc. If i tryed press the on button again to turn it off it wouldnt work and the optical drive wouldnt open."

Any ideas of whats wrong?
Thanks

my friend also told me when he tries turn it on and leaves it, it will switch off automaticly after about 5 min.

well ive just talked to him on the phone and he says he cant get onto anything since the monitor doesnt detect the pc. :(
Thanks anyway.

he`ll have to troubleshoot it, remove all unnecessary devices, cd rom, dvd rom, floppy drive.

try exchanging the graphics card if it still doesnt work then I would think it was a motherboard problem. A capacitor on the motherboard could have died. Does his power supply unit come on? the fans move and make a noise?

ye he says psu comes on for 5 min then turns off and fans come on including graphics card.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom