Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Vista Beta 2 (and RC1) is time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.

this in case this hasn't been posted

I'm ordering the cd

i downloaded it with their download manager, it only worked in IE, but i got like 400 kb/s.

i'm having trouble burning the iso to a dvd though. i usually use ISOrecorder but it keeps telling me that my dvds are unusable. any other programs to do it with?

I gave up on the torrents... too slow.

I went back to the downloader that M$ had for it, and it has been downloading better. I'm at 86% with less than two hours to go.

@ TheRecluse - I usually use Alcohol120 or Nero.

TheRecluse said:
i downloaded it with their download manager, it only worked in IE, but i got like 400 kb/s.

i'm having trouble burning the iso to a dvd though. i usually use ISOrecorder but it keeps telling me that my dvds are unusable. any other programs to do it with?

thx. I finally downloaded IT on my 7 - 8th time using your route

i got it to work. i used imgburn.

everything is running pretty smoothly. internet is a bit slow and i'm not sure how to get my wireless going.

EDIT: nvm, it just installed itself. works great.

Im having difficult getting Vista installed now I have downloaded the 4.1gb 64 bit .iso file:

1)When I try and burn it to a dvd in Nero, if I select 'Bootable Data disc' it won't let me add the file as it is bigger than 2gb. How do I get round this? (I have burnt it to a dvd using the normal 'data disc' but that probably is no good?
2)I'm guessing I need to make a partition to install vista. Any programs I could use for free to do this? Is it safe as well? A friend was telling me it could corrupt the rest of my hard drive.

Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom