2000 vs. xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraMan

Banned
whats better? im thinking about switching to xp but im not sure. will all my 2000 games be playable? is xp better or worse?

most games don't usually work good on 2000 and NT. If you say they all work, then no doubt they will on XP. It also has a compability option, so if the game/ program isn't compatible, you could fix that. Try XP, you'll like the feautures. It just makes computer life easier. (office space!! LOL!!!)

XP is better than 2000 less problems i would recommand 2003, but over 2000 i would recommend XP because it has a lot less problems

So far i havent experinced any problems with 2000. However after looking at the included software (such as movie maker ect) i am starting to like it more and more. I had xp installed before on this computer and i remember getting frozen lots of times or just major lag on opening applications. I also remember getting "blue screened" quit a few times.

I would go with XP, no need to get into 2003 yet since its only available in the server edition, its overkill for your average use.

yes, 2003 is probably not need to play his games. thats like taking an mercedes CLK-GTR offroad, wrong tool for a different purpose. CameraMan if nothing is broken don't fix it, what are you expecting to acheive by changing OS?

I have windows 2000 and it runs great. :) I've never experianced "the blue screen of death" and it loads quickly. Also, I haven't found very many games it would not play. The ones that wern't compatible were old.
Haven't had any experiance with XP. :(

Yeah that's right, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! I've run 2000 for wuite some time and have had zero problems with it crashing. Games run just fine unless like someone else said they are really old. who wants those anyway. It's all about quality graphics today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom