PC on my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickemall

Solid State Member
My PC is pretty good - a 128 GForce FX 5500 AGP card, 512 RAM, 3.06 Celeron CPU - buy my monitor sucks royally. It came from our old computer, its not flatscreen, its not big (picture), and it's bulky. So I've been wondering if it could share my 26 in hdtv with my Xbox 360. I've searched online and found converters that will convert VGA to S video or RCA, but I wanted to make sure that it would work... and, I would like to know if it would display widescreen ( b/c my tv is widescreen). Any insight would be helpful.:D

Chances are your video card has an S-video output, right?

Change your resolution to 800*600, 60Hz, and get an S-video cable running from the video card to the TV's input.

To display widescreen, you would need a new video card. :(

No he wouldn't need a new card I have the same video chip and it can display at wide screen resolutions.

ive got the s video cord, but the display is not coming up on my tv. Ive also got the Xbox 360 input cords on the tv. Is that messing up the computer display? Any advice would be helpful.

kickemall said:
ive got the s video cord, but the display is not coming up on my tv. Ive also got the Xbox 360 input cords on the tv. Is that messing up the computer display? Any advice would be helpful.

As long as the 360 isn't using S-video, you will be fine.

I had an xfx geforce 6600 256mb and tried to hook it up with s-video cable and the picture kept moving down and never came up right!!!

I set it up for dual monitors and all of that stuff but still no luck and i wondered what would be wrong?

My tv is a 53" widescreen!!!

thanks for hijackthis the thread :D

it could either be the s-video cable, or the TV.

I remember old TV's had the vertical hold toggle, and the new ones dont :(

i have done this before using an s video cable. first thing is that it is a terrible picture. i thought it would be a nice picture but its so bad. you have to restart your computer. the picture will be on both your monitr and tv(if you have them both plugged in)than as windows is loading it will cut away from one of them either the tv or the monitor. if you have a dmi in put on the video card or the tv i would think that would be a better picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom