I'm guilty about Kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
figure if they come after me I'll just buy the cd's and say "I dont know how to put the music on my harddrive from my cdrom because I'm 'puter illiterate, so I download for backup." Of course, hope they don't look into my work, then that little lie would be useless....

jaknlisa619, is that site legal? anyway, jaun1477 you're saying that if i dont burn-n-sell my downloaded mp3s theyre legal??

ok the bottomline of this post is to know whether it is legal to download such mp3s from p2p progs. surely, it is iilegal in the US. but what specific countries is it legal.

im asking this before i delete kazaa

yeah i'm sure Bearshare is legal because otherwise they wouldn't have had their site up and running for so long. If they were illegal the powers to be would have shut them down.

See, with napster, they actually had the files (music) on their server and were offering the file to the public, whereas other P2P programs act just as the middly guy in transferring files between people. Bearshare has absolutly nothing to do with the files themselves, just the transfer if stuff back and forth to people.

jaknlisa619 said bearshaare is legal bcoz the files arent on the server. does kazaa have the mp3s on their server?

pretty confused?!?!?!

oh plus would it be legal to download music from iMesh.
and does Kazaa have only one server? if it has then RIAA could trace wherever you r on the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom