just bought new alienware notebook....wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
naw. pentium M isn't that good.
the FSB is 533mhz on that one whileas desktops usually have 800 fsb

amds can have up to 2000mhz fsbs. the laptop is fine you can play all games just not at high. as far as laptops go its pretty good, the only thing is the cpu is a little slow i didnt think they made pentium-Ms any slower than 1.73ghz anymore.

Come on guys yall are smarter than that. A 1.6ghz Pentium M can kill at least a 2.6ghz equivalent desktop. Its made slower but can go faster. I believe back in the day we had this same argument on these forums about the same thing. You can play all games fine just some not on high because of the graphics card.

yes....so ive heard that the pentium m 1.6 is equivalent to about the 2.4 and a little bit higher.....and 2.4 is what is reccomended to run most games smoothly...and having 1gb dual ram and an ok graphics card that it would do the job for most games.....see im at an army installation right now in training and its hard to keep up with the tech....which is why i came here :)

sorry to bother ya'll again.....can i get a final concensus.....will it run newer games at medium settings? ive had mixed answers...but not knowing that it runs at 2.4 ghz +......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom