Conroe Shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excelsius

Baseband Member
I don't know what the **** is going on. Take a look:
http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?threadid=189

I couldn't find the guy's reference in TG, but is this true? Conroe is not going to be available in July?

Things like this really **** me off. I know that Intel can very well produee all the Conroe needed even before the end of July and this delay is nothing but a gimmick. If it is true, then I shouldn't waste my d*mn time waiting for conroe b/c my P IV 1.80Ghz really has to go. Plus, Intel doesn't deserve my business if that's how it's treating customers.

Anyone has any info? If this crap is true, we might as well just get an AMD in a week or so (when the prices are supposed to drop a lot) and get on with our lives. This is infuriating. All this waiting for nothing but a hoax? :angry:

If it's true I wouldn't be suprised. Intel gives there stuff to Dell and other PC producing companies first and give us the leftovers. Already that cuts the numbers down greatly, throw in the fact everyone and there mother is looking to get a Conroe,well yeah you see where it's going.

We still have to find out exactly what is the delay going to be. Price mark up is another possibility. If AM2 had the same socket as conroe, I'd get AMD for now and later upgrade to conroe or even quad-core, but AM2's socket will require a new mobo for conroe and hence it will be a lot of waste of money to upgrade in steps. But if the delay is really going to be long and the prices are going to be very high, then maybe AMD is a better choice. Then perhaps we could skip conroe altogether and go for quad-core, especially AMD's K8L.

I was talking to a guy who works in a hardware store, and thats exactly what he told me, he said that his supplier had said that he pobabaly would not be recieveing any till Jan 2007.

Hey guys

I hope that is not true. in my country there is shop which has conroe pre orders. the realese date is still 23rd july.

As regards the prices, they are a bit higher then i saw on the forums.
But prices here are always higher than foreign countries so i would expect it that in my country the prices are higher.

Wow. All these people waiting for Conroe must be really clueless then. I will wait maybe a week more and if all this info turns out to be true, then screw Intel, I'll go with AMD 4200 or 4400. At the same it might be better just to get a cheap AMD and later upgrade to K8L. What a headache.

Kaiser, where are you from? You mean you can place an order today and they guarantee that they'll ship you Conroe on the 23rd?

I am from Malta. I think yes that's what that means on the website i think its note a joke imagine i preorder a cpu and then he tells me no i dont have the cpus ... i'll punch him in his ****** face...

the site that im talking about is www.nmsuperstores.com check it out.. on online shop then computer parts etc

Malta is like one of the smallest countries. If you guys are going to get the Conroe somewhere in the middle of the Mediterranean, I can't see why it won't be available right here in USA. Is that a reputable site? Are you sure the company isn't trying to rip you off (that happens a lot in some developing countries)?

That's one of Malta's leading computer shops in malta .. i don't think its a joke but i still will wait for 23 july to come.

Anyway i didnt find on tomshardware and anandtech that the conroe is going to be delayed so i dont know wtf that person wrote on the forum.

Have you guys found something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom