how to remove/disable these processes or files??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjmitch2

In Runtime
I have recently, in the past month or so, been plagued by spyware and malware. I have hopefully now removed all the crap and installed Zonealarm to help prevent this from happening again!

But I notice that when I am online certain .exe's try to get out past my firewall. I have searched for these files by name (sry, but I can't remember them right now! but they have very suspicious names like Rxx36.exe!) on all my drives but come up with zilch! how can I find these executables and remove them? Are they in the registry?? How can I see what processes are called fromthe registery?

I am using the following software in my fight:

Zonealarm
Spybot search & destroy
Ad-aware
Norton AV 2002

Thanks in advance for any help!

all you can do is make a list of the web pages that are coming up or whatever is poping in your scrren then go to
my pc=local hard drive=program files and check if you have anythig that migth look like internet optim... alert or some type of folder that it migth not make sense to have there if you computer is clean nhow check what you have so you can be familiar of what's install

getting past ur firewall? what firewall u running?

And knowing the name of the exe is vital info. Like telling ur doctor something hurts, but u cant recall what it was.

If its Zone Alarm, you can go into Zone Alarm Program Control and under the Programs tab. That will display a list of everything thats tried to access the internet. Find the suspicious .exe and right click it and select properties to find out where it is.

I had a prob with this virus that kept on downloading itself to my computer (how it got past 2 firewalls I don't know) and my antivirus prog was constantly detecting and deleting it (Antivir Personal Edition)
what I did in the end is I opened the virus in a TEXT EDITOR and made it completely blank inside, saved and now it isn't a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom