Hi guys I am new to tech forums and from what I can see you all know your stuff but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginxs

Solid State Member
I have a question. I need to move fast. My mother wants the computer soon and she will never get off. I am staling becuase I want to get my own computer. Since I do not have transpertation the only way I could get the parts for my computer is NewEgg.

Dell charges an arm and a leg for the Xps, and I want a computer something like the Xps or better. Well, I want the best at a good price.

I was told that amd is the best, then I hear intel is the best. it just throws me into confusion x.x What I need to know is what parts do you all recommend. I will need everything to make a computer and half the price of a costom built Xps. That came to about 5,200 dollars to get the best.

I will use it for gaming and work and office. I plan on starting a business soon, but I really need something that will keep on for the long hual. If you guys could list it for me that would be very helpful.

Also, is NewEgg really the best place to buy computer parts online? I want to build the computer of my dreams and I know with you guys to help hopefully it should come true. Also, could you include what computer case would be able to hold all of the parts and also the best cd dvd drives that I could get also.

[Edited to include punctuation for clarity]

Well, the first thing to do is look at some possible builds...one of the most common types of threads is people listing an entire computer build and soliciting commentary. So if you just do a search for "build" or something like that, you will find lots of possiblities. That may give you a good idea of what's out there and links to products on newegg, and may focus you on more specific questions that people will have an easier time answering :)

k, all from newegg, just search it up

If your buying now, then you obviously want an AMD, but if u can wait about a month then you want a Conroe, which is a different story, this is an AMD rig

DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D
Opteron 170, dual core btw
G.Skill 2x1GB, or a OCZ 2x1GB whichever you want, just posts the ones u picked and we'll tell u which one. ( or Corsair, or Crucial)
Thermaltake Black Kandalf
eVGA 7900GT Signature, if they still have it, if not, just get the KO
X-Fi Xtreme music
Thermaltake Big Typhoon- Aftermarket Heatsink/fan
Arctic Silver 5- Thermal Paste
NEC 3550A- Optical Drive
Western Digital Raptor 74GB
Western Digital Caviar 250GB
Logitech G5-mouse
Saitek Eclipse- Keyboard
Viewsonic VP930B- monitor
oh and Power supply
Antec TruePower 550watt, i believe that is all.

Ok John I will try it out now give me one sec and I will tell you which one I want^^ ty

If you are buying now, go for a AM2 socket. As said in a month you want Intel's Core Duo.

Going from John's PC, I would personally have the Seagate 750GB perpendicular drive and no raptor.

It's not the best of the best, but it is the best bang you will get with out wasting money.

Less. http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2771&p=6

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz/4M) $999
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 (3.73GHz/2Mx2) $999
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.67GHz/4M) $530
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40GHz/4M) $316
Intel Pentium D 960 (3.60GHz/2Mx2) $316
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13GHz/2M) $224
Intel Pentium D 950 (3.40GHz/2Mx2) $224
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz/2M) $183
Intel Pentium D 940 (3.20GHz/2Mx2) $183
Intel Pentium D 930 (3.00GHz/2Mx2) $178
Intel Pentium D 920 (2.80GHz/2Mx2) $178
Intel Pentium D 820 (2.80GHz/1Mx2) $133
Intel Pentium D 805 (2.66GHz/1Mx2) $93

the intel core dou 2 will be the best of the best for at least half a year if not longer, the E6600 will probably be the most popular chip for a while.. if you can wait to buy ur pc when that chip is fully released (said to be in july 23'rd but it might actualy take a little bit more time, something like mid august or so) then I will say wait for that... also, it is unclear to me how much you wish to spend, you said something about 5,200$ in first post, is that how much you willing to spend???

Give me a little bit info and i'll try my best to help you mate,

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom