RAM isn't running at correct speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I currently have 2 x 512mb DDR400 Kingston, and 2 x 512mb DDR400 Crucial RAM running in dual-channel mode.

At stock CPU clocks, if I set my DRAM clock to DDR400, my computer won't POST. I can set it to DDR333 speeds, and overclock my CPU until it runs at 200MHz, but it won't run at DDR400 speeds alone. WTF?

No, s939. Is it just because I have two different types of RAM that have different timings and such?

Well all of it is PC3200, so I don't see why it wouldn't run at the correct speed.

I've read that when you use all 4 slots on some s939 mobos, the RAM reverts back to 166MHz, and won't run any faster while stable. Could it be that?

Hmm... you might have something here. When I get bored later, I'll take out two sticks and see what it does then.

magouster said:
I've read that when you use all 4 slots on some s939 mobos, the RAM reverts back to 166MHz, and won't run any faster while stable. Could it be that?

Yes that's %100 true. You can always overclock and get your ram back at 200MHz and gain a little bit of preformance at the same time from your CPU.

He could do that, yes, but in some cases, to get it stable at 200, he would have to run it with a 2T command rate, which severely cripples performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom