3-Way ATI CrossFire: Double Graphics, Single Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
magouster said:
Have you used a nVidia card? Hmmmm? I had a 9800 3 years ago, didn't realy have problems with it, so I'm not saying ATI is bad. I'm just saying, from experience, that nVidia is better.

Ok so what experience is this with? A 9800 against what ever you have now is obviuosly going to be better. You havent used a X1900XT with a 7900GTX so in that respect you dont know from experience.

Yeah that is true about the pipelines things. Duno wats up with that.

What person in their right mind would have two x1900xtx's and two 7950gx2's?

Really rich people, maybe, but I think that comparing a previous top-of-the-line ATI to a current, and not comparing performance, but comparing quality and price is good experience. Last ATI card I had was a 9600 pro, and it still serves me well at work, just that the ATI drivers suck, so theres really no comparison.

i guess those pixel shaders are what makes the x1900 series so good, i remember reading an article saying that pixelpipelines are beginning to not count as much compared to these pixel shaders

So why is the 7900 series better in most games? It has to be crappy drivers of ATI then. I agree, it's the huge amount of shaders that makes it possible for the ATI cards to do AA+HDR at the same time. Logic then, tells me that the X1900 will run Tomb Raider Legend super quick with Next Gen content turned on, since it's very shader dependant. Anybody have a X1900 to confirm this for me?

the X1900 plays F.E.A.R better than a Geforce 7 because of the heavy pixel shaders usage in the game.

but Geforce is still the most supported graphic card series by video games.

I played F.E.A.R. and I wasn't too impressed. Are the default graphics set on low or something? I didn't mess with them at all.

Nah, people saying "nVidia pwns ATI", and vise-versa are people that never look outside the box. The two are always neck and neck and better in some games than others, and better at some things than others. Personally, I am favorable to ATI; however, I don't knock nVidia considering they are always on the cutting edge of graphics as well. People that like to compare the two, fine; however, people that bash one over the other, are losers. Quite simply put, loser fanboys with nothing better to do than to trash talk something they usually know absolutely nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom