Win Xp Pro Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack Of power could do weird things, like casue a shutdown.

It seems you have tried many different option to get this working. Maybe you should consider bringing the Motherboard and processor back for an xchange, unlikly, but the board, or the processor, or the mem could be bad.

With all thse posts it shows you how many things could cause this type of issue.
Poor power supply (not enough)
too much heat
bad processor seating
Bad Hard drive
Bios needing upgrading
broken floppy

XP doesnt normally do the BSOD unless there is a big issue involved.
Here is anothe link i just found.
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

which lead me back to microsoft and to here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315266&Product=ntw40

which lead me to review all of these posts and i noticed no one except killians45 mentioned checking for a Master Boot Record virus.
From Microsoft:
Stop 0x00000077

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
This article describes how to troubleshoot these error messages.
CAUSE
This issue can occur if a requested page of kernel data could not be read from the paging file into memory, or the master boot record is infected with a virus. .........

Read that article it is specifically for XP and that error.

Yes, it's possible the power supply can cause that. Power supply issues can have MANY strange effects. Much like vid cards can. I would think that it maybe your power supply, just due to the other reasons tend to point towards that (and I'm thinking you already posted that it showed no heat problems, so you can scratch that out).

Are you sure that your prossesor chip is installed right.Is your system heating up.Is the bios battery is a good one.And make sure that your a: is plugged in the right way.I know that you have built a computer before but after Ive built at least 10 I still sometimes get the a:cable turned around.Just some thoughts.Also you could take the whole thing apart and start from the begining.Sometime that helps.

yes the problem is the bios needs to be updated, but without the floppy he can do nothing but boot to xp until it crashes, I still think he should scan for a resident cmos virus or MBR virus.

asupertech said:
The Stop 0x7A message indicates that a page of kernel data was not found in the paging (virtual memory) file and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.
so if it has something to do with the paging file, maybe setting it to disable paging will stop it

I had a problem with my boot and MBR being corrupt, you can rebuild them in XP's recovery console - although ive heard it has caused some people's data to be inaccessible and had to reformat

so it seems there are/may be probs with the MBR & Paging file, both are related to hard drive, it may be that the PSU is not supplying enough power to the HDD and causing these probs

I took my old hard drive, CD-ROM drive, and floppy drive from my old system and installed them in the new one.
did you do a repair or reformat the drive, or did you just use the OS as it was from the old computer?

aha! here we go. from microsofts web site. unfortunatley its not good news:

SYMPTOMS
When you start your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer after you replace the motherboard on the computer, you may receive a STOP error message similar to the following:

STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if the new motherboard contains an embedded IDE controller that has a different chipset than the original motherboard.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows XP
If the old IDE controller and the new IDE controller detected your hard disk as the same size, perform an in-place upgrade of Windows XP.

For additional information about how to do this, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315341 How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP

If the behavior continues to occur, continue to the next method.
Method 2: Repartition and Format Your Hard Disk and Reinstall Windows XP
If the new IDE controller detected a different size for your hard disk, you must repartition and format your hard disk, and then reinstall Windows XP.

For additional information about how to do this, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
313348 HOW TO: Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP

I'm assuming he hasn't formated yet. Here's what I would do. 1. Upgrade the bios (even if newer board, there probably is a newer bios) 2. make sure that the correct HD IDE controller driver is installed for XP 3. do a XP fix/reinstallation 4. (this is last things to do because may cause you to format) run FIXMBR 5. if none of this works then I would concentrate on getting the floppy working and write zeroes to the drive, fdisk format and reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom