Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get the vista upgrade adviser to work but it says i need some .net fromework but I don't want to download that because it is 20 something MB and that will take forever

yeah, although some software needs the .net framework like sony soundforge.

If you like to tinker and use lots of different graphical, sound tools you may require .net at some point. Couldnt you get a friend to download it and put it on a cd to install?

Although not sure if it can be downloaded without using microsoft downloader or something.

baronvongogo said:
yeah, although some software needs the .net framework like sony soundforge.

If you like to tinker and use lots of different graphical, sound tools you may require .net at some point. Couldnt you get a friend to download it and put it on a cd to install?

Although not sure if it can be downloaded without using microsoft downloader or something.

I would but all my friends live out here in the country so it wouldn't really make a difference. I think I'll just start downloading the framework right before I go to bed that way I should have it by morning.

just to let anyone with a belkin wireless adapter or PCI card like me :)know I emailed them about drivers and they said they are currently working on them.....

I can only hope belkin are a trustworthy and reliable company :D

I find many companys are slow to release 64 bit or vista beta drivers :(

Ive got a Belkin PCI wireless card, so thanks for the info baronvongogo?

No one with any info about the difference between 64 bit and the 32 bit in performance? (my cpu is 64 bit).

In an instant message chat, Microsoft has told the Windows Featured Communities that the demand for Windows Vista Beta 2 has been overwhelming. It is, in fact, the largest downloaded software in history. Currently, they are serving product keys out ten times faster then the downloads can be served. In fact, they are pumping out bits as fast as they can - any faster and there would be a measurable impact on the internet. In fact, I quote a Microsoft representive:

"So, we are literally saying that if we increased our bandwidth any further there's a possibilty of taking down the Internet - people might have problems with World Cup viewing, etc"

People who have recieved Vista Beta 2 product keys, but are unable to download, may need to wait a few days, up to one week. Microsoft encoruages users who want to try out Windows Vista Beta 2 to order the DVD. When they recieve the DVD in 1-4 weeks, install it, and activate it, they will be automattically guaranteed an RC1 upgrade.

http://bink.nu/Article7370.bink

In the name of dispelling confusion, Microsoft has decided to rechristen WinFX as .Net Framework 3.0. We're still not 100% sure this rebranding will achieve Microsoft's goal, given that the branding (and rebranding) around .Net has been pretty darn confounding.

It's official: Windows Communications Framework (Indigo) + Windows Presentation Framework (Avalon) + Windows Workflow Foundation (WinOE) + InfoCard (now known as Windows Cardspace) = .Net Framework 3.0. If you want a shorthand way of describing .Net Framework 3.0, it's the new Windows programming model that commences with Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1974947,00.asp?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom