DVD / Video Playback Issues...Flickering/strange lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
The quality of DVD playback on my new PC build is not very good at all compared to my old system. The video flickers with horizontal lines very badly whenever there is sudden movement. There are also very bad jagged lines on alot of things. I have tried a few DVDs all with the same results. This goes for video that I edit in Premiere Pro as well. Any DVD that I burn from Premiere also has the same horizontal lines when movement occurs. Also, sometimes when there is alot of action in the video sequence and the camera is panning it seems to lag quite alot. I have not noticed any of these things while playing video games such as Oblivion.

Also, if I move a window across the screen it flickers. When scrolling the text will also flicker.

What could be the problem?

System Specs from 3Dmark:

CPU: AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core 1809 MHz
GPU: eVGA 7900 GT, N/A / N/A
Display Driver: 8.4.2.1
Driver Status: WHQL - FM Approved
Resolution: 1024x768 32 bit
System Memory: 2032 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB

Thank you!

-Nathan

This just made it worse. Here is what someone on the Adobe Premiere forums said:

Nathan, obviously it's your set-up, not the hardware.

Are you capturing through firewire? Are you capturing onto a separate blank or fast hard drive?

First make sure if you boot on C: to capture onto D: If possible use a blank hard drive on D. Try again.

If this does not work, I recommend, you uninstall and re-install everything editing related. Try again.

If this does not work, you get a clean hard drive (use a rack) and you re-install Windows XP and Premiere PRO. Make sure you have all the latest versions.

Try it again. If it works, go on to install all the other editing programs and plug ins.

Finally, if this still does not work, check you firewire acquisition card or motherboard for compatibility. I usually stick with major brand names to avoid surprises.

If none of the above work... which is unlikely... check the camera for malfunction.

May the force be with you.

I don't understand how this could be the problem with the DVD playback and other videos.

If you have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom