CPU fan stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
I just built and got my system up and running after all the problems I've had I'm new to this. Anyways, After about an hour or so of being up and running I look thru the window of my case and see the CPU fan wasn't even spinning. I thought "oh crap" I hurry and turend off the computer and it began spinning during the shutdown, so I thought good. Anyways, is it normal for the CPU fan to just stop like that while its on?

NO IT IS NOT LOL ok first make sure the FAN is connected to the Mobo second if it is and still doesn't work maybe the FAN is bad if you have an intel CPU it would work but still watch it if you have AMD YOUR CPU IS UNDER HEAVY DANGER.

Well I have the new amd64 with the asus k8t800 SKV mobo that has this cpu "cool and quite technology" feature that is suppost to control the fan speeds and etc. I thought maybe this bios feature shut it off because it thought the cpu fan was cool enough.

And the fan only stopped that one time that I looked at it. It started back up during shutdown, and it started when I rebooted back up and has been spinning every since.

could be something in bios very possible but just keep in mind CPU fan should ALWAYS SPIN ;)

It might be the bios.....just when it stops put your hand on the heatsink and see how hot it is...and watch it.....as it gets hotter i bet the fan will turn back on

is the stock cooling with the Athlon 64's designed to be silent?
well ive heard they run a lot cooler than the P4's and especially the Athlon XP's so they shouldn't burn out as easy

I Don't suggest letting the Bios control your Cpu Fan. I just don't trust it. Keep that sucker spinning all the Time!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom