7950GX2's x 4 :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
O_O

OMG!...that looks like a factory. Do you think we'll ever need that kind of power for the way in the future games? Like the year 2050? lol

...Lol, by then that kind of a setup would be so outdated that no one will know what it is. By then everything will be completely different. I can't wait...it's going to be kickass. :cool:

CrAzY_GaMeR_07 said:
quad-boardbig.jpg

wow that was a very intelligent post :rolleyes:

i think multiple GPU's really aren't the future at all. nVIDIA and ATI will no doubt tell us it is for at least 3-5 years so they can keep selling. the future would probably mimic cpus and go multi-cored or just continue with more powerful single GPU solutions. that setup is just ridiculous. i think by 2050 we probably won't be using anything that resembles current technology. it looks like hdds may be phased out by maybe 10 years from now and replaced with other technologies and cpus have the potential to completely have changed by then (i won't talk about the possibilities because it will take a while :p)

Yay ! i just spent $3,000 USD buying 8 GPU cores for my ultimate gaming rig ! i'm officially ready for half-life 8, doom 9, elder scrolls 7 : mamamia and battlefield : gulf war 3 !!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneoneone

now i just need to get a brain.

Haha Half-Life 8. Maybe by then they will have fixed the shadows to look as good as Doom 3's.

Maybe.

Bah, they just look so lame compared to the Doom 3 shadows... I mean, in Doom 3 EVERYTHING casts a shadow, and they look so perfect. Althought I wish they had focus.. like, I dunno, it's really hard to explain. To me, the shadows in HL2 are no better than the stencil shadows in Quake 3.

Really, I haven't see a game yet to beat the quality of the shadows in Doom 3, (and Quake 4 and all those Doom 3 games :p ) and Doom 3 came out in 2003!

I hope ET:QW has an improved version of the shadow engine to make focus possible. That would be awesome. MegaTexture should be interesting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom