RAID PROBLEMS! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahalekulu

Beta member
I'm getting such a big headache with seting up this damn raid; hope you guys can help me. I'm using an Asus P4T533 Mobo that has an onboard promise 0+1 Raid Card. Also have 2 120GB Western Digital hard drives. I switched the jumper on the board and then built an array. Installed xp pro and everything was fine and dandy. Got into windows and everything looked good; even saw the hard drives as one big one. The problem was that my pc would pause and lock up intermittingly for about 5-10sec. Like it was thinking very hard. lol. I checked my bois and i have ver 1006. I'm preaty sure that is the newest one but i'll double check.
Please help me

he's saying that he has 2 120GB drives that he merged into one, and now it keeps pausing

the pausing would be a confusion about which hard drive to put the data into

Did you have it setup to RAID 0 or RAID 1? RAID 1 will send the data to both hard drives so that you have a backup if one fails. RAID 0 splits the data between the two, making it much faster, but if one drive fails then you lose everything.

I don't really know what could be wrong. I would try uninstalling it and trying again. Just reformat the hard drives, reinstall RAID 0 with windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom