laptop battery- take it out or keep charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

access denied

Baseband Member
when i am using my laptop at home, and use socket as a electric supply.. and the battery is remain full power and not used at all.

i should take out the battery or not? i heard some rumours is about keep charging the laptop battery may damage the battery and shorten the battery life. can anyone give some comment about it?

When the battery is unused and fully charged, it doesn't overcharge. You just run off the electrical supply.

There is no need to take out the battery, the life won't be shortened if you use wall power all the time.

you are wrong. it WILL drain the battery. even if you are using the AC, the power is running through the battery to get to the comp. it is constantly sucking the life out of the battery. this happened to me after leaving my laptop plugged in all the time, so I went to a battery store and they told me the problem. so i bought another one, left it plugged in ánd after 6 months it only held a 2 min charge

another thing. many people say that the best way to get your battery life up is to let it run all the way dead. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! this will screw up the battery and make it not hold a charge for as long

another thing. many people say that the best way to get your battery life up is to let it run all the way dead. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! this will screw up the battery and make it not hold a charge for as long

Actually, totally discharging the battery every once in a while IS good for it.

The batteries build up a "memory", which means if you don't totally discharge them every so often, the battery charges from the "memory" point instead of dead empty, shortening its potential charge. I driven enough electric forklifts over the years to learn this very well. Plus, check your documentation with your lappys... all says the same thing.

the battery in a forklift is completely different from the ones in a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom