event id 9582 on exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to add this.
we keep getting this message from outlook on users' desktop. "Microsfot Outlook is retreiving data from Exchanger server <server name>"
i'm not sure if this is related to event id 9582. since i've found that this event was logged long before we started getting this message in outlook.

hi, i need help!
in our outlook 2003, we keep getting the pop-up message:
'MS outlook is retreiving data from exchange server <servername>' every now and then.
i first thought it was because of the high CPU usage on exchange server or the event id: 9582 (VM degragmented). but users at remote offices keep getting the same pop-up on thier outlook.
CPU is normal and there is not warning or error logged regarding the virtual memory.
i went to MS site and they were suggesting to contact them. it sound like time cosuming and frustrating solution. is there any other way around this problem??

That happens a lot over VPN especially if you are transfering files and trying to retreive outlook files at the same time. Do you have this issue within the office as well?

it seems to happen more to the users in remote offices, but they are not connceted through vpn. the exchange server is located here in NY. and we have offices in altanta, chicago, la, and detroit. atlanta and detroit users are getting this messages more frequetnly than others.
i was getting the same pop-up (in NY) until we upgrade the exchange to 2003 from 2000. and this server only function as exchange, there is not other data.

If they are not using VPN, are they on the same network or are they remote users say like at a hotel or different job site?

atlanta and detroit offices are connected to NY office via site2site. but so is LA office but they are not complaining. what's the difference??

i found the casue. not solution yet, tho.

i found out that when user gets message box 'outlook is retreiving data from exchange server <servername>", the data is retreived from global catalog server. (if the servername is FQDN) this is the part, i missed. so i checked the %processor time count on both global catalog servers in here, and bingo! one of them had constant high cpu usage (84-100%) and i think this was the cause of the pop-up message.

at earlier documents by MS, they said we'd have to contact ther support team but they just posted a new document:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839862/en-us

this helped me see where the problem is.

now, my question has to jump to sql server since this global catalog server with high cpu usage is also a sql server.

ok.
now, i'm trying to see the MS network monitor but it i can't find info to see if there is latency in it.
where am i supposed to look at??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom