Got my new hard drive, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
i got my new hard drive since my last one fried, i put it in, and now the computer does not detect it, right now im trying to update the drivers.

k guys, i have a question, on the new hard drive, when i go to disk manager, do i need to Partition the hard disk im gonig to install linux on? or do i jsut go ahead and install linux on the chosen hard disk? when i partition it, do i want to format, if so, FAT 32 right? if not, then ok.

Stop talking like a 12 year old on AIM and then maybe someone will help you...

and why did you make 2 threads on this:rolleyes:

PLEASE tell me that you partitioned the drive. go into device manager and see if it comes up. And if it comes up there but not in my computer, then reformat it.

I remember my first hd upgrade. I was 13 years old, and it took me 2 intire days of searching on my school computer during lunch to find out i needed to partition it. I used maxblast 4, and i still use that disc to partition my new hd's.

partition it. make 2 partitions. one just large enough for linux (+~100Mb for updates), the other partition for your stuff.

i dont know what the 12 year old on aim stuff is about :rolleyes:

what is the other option besides fat32? i dont remember...

NTFS and FAT. but i partitioned it 20GB for Windows and 20GB for linux. partitioned it as NTFS, and left the other 20Gb unallocated for linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom