AM2 Or Core Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conroe is Core Duo, one of three revisions of it. (The others are Merom, a laptop chip, and Woodcrest, a workstation chip.) It's coming out in July, and it'll completely and totally kick the crap out of AMD's current offerings. It offers GREAT cost-to-performance ratio and overclock like a beast. Just get one when they come out in late July. (They're slated for the 23rd.)
EDIT: Conroe is aimed at performance desktops and gamers, so expect plenty of SLI and Crossfire motherboards that support it.

I know all about conroe already... and actually:

Core Duo = Yonah Laptop chip
Core 2 Duo= Conroe, Woodcrest, Merom

That was just to clear things up.

Ive decided core duo is no good for what i need...with the lack of any sli/xfire support. Ill either get am2 or possibly wait for conroe...gotta see if i can dig up the old p4 2.0....

He's not bluffing. ATI's working on a Crossfire setup that lets you use any video card for physics. It can also be asymmetrical, so if you're blessed with 3 Crossfire PCIe x16 slots, you can run 2 linked cards for graphics, and one for physics. Or just one for physics and one for graphics. Also, Crossfire doesn't demand they all be the same card.

sorry if im being "A NOOB" as you *******s usually say but, how do u know FOR SURE conroe will smoke any cpu out there??? its not even released and you DONT know for sure because all u did was read..if it does so happen to smoke out the cpu then it does, but until then you have no right to say that CONROE as you seem to call it, will do anything on its release

Reason 1. Unbiased benchmarks, showing that conroe is better.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2771

Reason 2. They have released a few of them to select people, and currently the world record for AMD's Super Pi is like 20.*** seconds. Conroe is getting nearly sub 10 secs. Right now i believe that the record is 10.268 or something like that.

Ridlyn said:
Reason 1. Unbiased benchmarks, showing that conroe is better.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2771

Reason 2. They have released a few of them to select people, and currently the world record for AMD's Super Pi is like 20.*** seconds. Conroe is getting nearly sub 10 secs. Right now i believe that the record is 10.268 or something like that.
LoL?
Super Pi isnt everything..AMD are know for how well they play games not how well they run Super Pi.
Also i dont see how you can be sure anything involving intel is unbiased.

AM2 i say... i would want a computer now not wait and then it be outdated or something like that...

and who cares if it smoked the fx62 no one here except a few can afford those suckers!

am2 and sli or crossfire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom