Do I have bugs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike

Solid State Member
I'm not sure what is going on with my pc, A few days ago I went to get online and my browsers home page was set to a url that was a bunch of gibberish, like this:
http://homepage.com@www.e-finder.cc/hp/.

I ran Adaware, spybot, and scanned the pc using Symantec antivirus corporate edition with the latest update. Then I tried to do a windows update. Everytime I try, I get a page with the following:
Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

Running XP pro and ie6

i get so many messeges in explrorer tha i gave up on it
and i think mozilla its god but every time i try to open hotmail in mozilla it times out

if you were using internet explorer, go to your internet explorer tools menu, internet options, and there you can change your hope page back to whatever it was.

I personally don't like netscape except as a backup browser because it gives me those darned popups.

well, I think he has more problems than just his home page. He can't even do an update with IE. Oh, and FireFox RULES.

I can set the home page to whatever I want, but the next time I open a ie, it reverts to gibberish. Other browsers seem to work fine, but I cant get windows updates with them.

sounds like a browser hijacker... goto this website, because its hard to determine which one you have.... you'll have to look at these and determine which it is... so you'll be doing some detective work ;) Well, cant find the link now, but there is a link that describes ALOT of browser jackers and search engine jackers. The scurge of the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom