Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u hav 2 hdd's then just make sure u install it on the one that doesnt hav xp on it. if u hav any files on it then move them to the other hdd. if u only hav one hdd then create a new partition 20Gb or bigger. then boot from dvd that u hav burnt image to and install a clean copy on the new partition

yes its installed on a 25gig partition now. Although in the boot manager my usb keyboard doesnt work to select what version of windows. And my razor mouse doesnt work either. I need drivers for everything lol so havnt had a chance to browse vista much yet.

I must say that loading screen when you enter your name and password is stupid!. It slows down the comp annoying blue light things moving all over the place.

Shumway said:
What program are you using? I use uTorrent and i just downloaded it no problem,Most of the time i was sitting at 350kB/s :D
Why are you torrenting when you get get it from Microsoft with Serial Number that allows up to 10 activations.

When I was signing up for my copy, I signed up a second time for a second serial number.

EricB said:
after about 7 hours of downloading it, it stopped at in the last few minute and failed to download. oh well
Me too.
Last night it, my download program was telling me it's going to be 8 hours. However since MS as now broadcasted to the rest of the world , it's going to be taking me closer to another 14.

Currently I am not that fusted right now as I got other things happening (like moving office this week end)

Harper said:
Why are you torrenting when you get get it from Microsoft with Serial Number that allows up to 10 activations.

None of the other download's would work for me at the time,The only thing that worked was the torrent from one of Mentali$T's post's.

Shumway said:
None of the other download's would work for me at the time,The only thing that worked was the torrent from one of Mentali$T's post's.

Have you tried these

BTW, would I be able to install on my existing Windows XP and create a dual boot with this beta?
Or it's it just best for me to borrow a clean hard drive?
Or should I install this on my Download box as it has the least amout of BS and W@nkw@re that might require me to find drivers.

I place an order for the DVD, it comes with the 32bit and 64bit version. Only $10.40 USD. F*** downloading it, I've been trying for 2 days, I'll just wait 2 week for it to get here.

Well... Arrived home to find my download of Vista at 1%.

I used one that Mentali$t gave me, and we'll see where it goes. I still have the other one running on my old comp.

trotter what are u using bittorrent? i have never used that , i use bitlord and when downloading vista i would get up to 220kb/s download :)

If you can download bitlord install it and in preferences change the global upload rate to like 50 (or less if you have a slow connection) and when you start the download right click it, go to properties, then advanced tab and select "enable task specific settings". Then change maximum allowed up rate to 3. This is the best way to get bitlord downloading fast.

Trotter said:
Well... Arrived home to find my download of Vista at 1%.

I used one that Mentali$t gave me, and we'll see where it goes. I still have the other one running on my old comp.

1% for all day :eek:

I used the torrent linked in the one post from Mentali$t and i got it in about 4 maybe 5 hour's top's,Started out slow and then it shot right up,I was getting around 350kb/s constant and some time's getting close to 500kb/s :D

Harper said:
Have you tried these

Harper none of those link's would work for me earlier,I kept getting that "Thank's for your interest in vista but our server's are maxxed crap" The Torrent version is the exact same thing,All i had to do was go sign in @ microsuck and grab my product key :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom