Random Processes on XP taking up alot fo memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computa_neerd

Solid State Member
Ok so im a gamer and i was playing SOF2 and no other programs were running to my knowledge. When the main menu popped up and pop up came saying "you have other processes running that may affect the quality of the game" so i looked at the processes running and the top three were

lsass.exe 79,648
svchost.exe 43,693
msbb.exe 34,568

so i got outta sof2 and my processor(amd 2400+) was used up about 80%.... n e clues to if any of these three processes are foreign.

All input is appreciated thnx

lsas.exe is a windows authentication/security... think of it as logon info

svchost.exe checks registry for function listings of hosts that may need to be run

both of the above are needed... however

msbb.exe is spyware.... called web 3000... check online on its removal.

oh, its also known as nCase or 180 solutions. I've had it before. SUPPOSEDLY you can remove it via add remove programs, but I had a hell of a time and eventually had to go though my registry and also unregister it to delete it. Pain in the butt.

possibly. gotta remember, just cntrl alt del SHOULD remove it from res memory... unless its poorly writen code. Then, there may be memory leaks and all. But, yeah, cntrl alt del should do it. Hell, I'd just uninstall the thing.

oh, dont worry about that. you can cntrl alt del or just use the add/remove programs. I just had a problem myself with it. However, many others haven't so add/remove should work fine for ya ;)

IT SEEMS THAT MY LSASS.EXE ITS NOT LSAS BUT LSASS.EXE KEEPS BUILDING UP MEMORY USAGE SORTA LIKE A WORM :-\ ANY IDEAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom