Profanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a n00b so i know i'm going to get flamed for going against the grain but personally i don't think there is anything unintelligent about using curse words. sure over using curse words is unintelligent, but so is overusing any word. i think the far more unintelligent thing is our societys taboo that we put on words. the truth is using profanity often does carry more emphasis. for example the phrase "holy sh**" carrys much more ephasis and can be taken far more seriously as an expression of suprise then can most of it's "replacements" such as "holy cow". i think it is the abuse of any word that should be cracked down upon. singling out a few words does nothing to stop the ignorant from being ignorant and does rob intelligent, creative people of a few of the colors in this vast color wheel we call the english language.

/end rant

singling out a few words does nothing to stop the ignorant from being ignorant and does rob intelligent, creative people of a few of the colors in this vast color wheel we call the english language.

If said people are intelligent and creative, they will surely be able to find family-friendly, G-rated alternatives.

The English language has the largest (I think) vocabulary in the world, not including the words we make up on the fly. Not allowing a handful of those words that are found offensive by many ain't gonna hurt anyone.

Here's just a reminder (a bump) of this thread and that we are officially using the zero profanity policy. Some of you are ignoring the first post, and subsequent posts, in this thread about what is and what is NOT allowed as is shown by your posts and the use/misuse of profanity. Please do not continue to ignore this thread, and the rules.

Dave :D

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A block of idiocy. This is acknowledgement that I have read this thread.

Trotter said:
If said people are intelligent and creative, they will surely be able to find family-friendly, G-rated alternatives.

The English language has the largest (I think) vocabulary in the world, not including the words we make up on the fly. Not allowing a handful of those words that are found offensive by many ain't gonna hurt anyone.

but why should they have to? why do the intelligent have to tame down their thoughts just because the dull minded masses tend to missuse a few word? sure there are less shocking, less intense alternatives, but sometimes intensity is the desured effect,

but why should they have to?
Because the rules of the forum forbid the use of this kind of language, period.

This is not up for debate.

but sometimes intensity is the desured effect
A person can acheive intensity without vulgarity... it is simply a matter of word choices.

Again, neither this nor the rules of this forum are up for debate. the rules have been stated and clarified, so there is no excuse.

Just a little bump

It seems that some members have chosen NOT to abide by the zero profanity and no flaming rules. That choice means that you would rather NOT be a member at Tech-Forums.

I'm asking that you carefully consider your choice in this matter, because your choice will be reflected with your membership.

This is a technology forum, filled with intelligent people, that will remain a technology forum, even though some members may not remain. We can and do help others, even have some fun in the OT forum, but some won't continue because they chose profanity and flaming.

Dave :D

Re: "Dmo224 wuz tlkn 2 m3.... lol..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
**Brady gets banned...***

;) :cool:

:cries: While eating

emo-49940.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom