XP Install and Black Screen??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic26djp

Baseband Member
I was installing XP on my computer (new system from scratch - new install) and it made it about 10 minutes into the install and then a blue screen popped up with a Warning stating something about the install being halted and then the screen went black and there is a cursor flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. Nothing works, I tried to re-boot, tried re-booting without the disk...nothing.

This is a completely new system, everything is right out of the box. Hence my comment of "new system from scratch - new install." Meaning, new everything...

yes, with a manual and the help of these forums. It booted fine earlier - it just stopped half way through loading XP

well there is something wrong somewhere then....did you chekc to make sure everything was seated properly, connected, etc?

Yes everything is seated. I even pulled the RAM and Video Card to ensure they were seated. Everything is fine inside the case, visually. Like I said, the XP disk was running and it was installing drivers and stuff...then it stopped and said something about an error - sheck your system - and then it went to a black screen with a blinking cursor

I already tried that one too. I was initially using the DVD-RW and after this incident, I tried switching it to the CD-ROM drive. Still nothing.

What would make it get to the point of installing drivers and such - and then just stopping and now not letting it even try to boot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom