system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanb1818

Baseband Member
Hey i didnt relly know where to put this thread so i just put it here. I jst bought my new gaming system it got her today and i know its a pretty good system and it should b able to play all the new games with out a flaw. i just dont know exactly how to set the setting. i dnt relly know anything about resolution or anything. so i know ppl here do and i want to get full use out of my system. i also want to know wut should my settings be set to for my games... cod2 bf2 and oblivion. please some1 help me out here. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium D Processor 940 feat. two processing cores (3.20GHz, 800MHz FSB
Memory: 2048MB PC5300 Dual-Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM 2x1024MB modules
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1900 XT CrossFire Edition w/512MB DDR3 memory
HardDrive: 160GB Serial ATA II/300 7200rpm hard drive w/ 8MB cache
Monitor: FPD2185W 21" Black Widescreen High-Definition LCD Analog/Digital Performance Flat Panel Display

Wow, where to start? Well, right-click on your desktop and click "Priperties" then click on the "Settings" tab. This is where you can change your screen resolution and color depth. I would suggest starting with 32bit color depth and 1280x1024 resolution.

Play some games with those setting and see what you think. If you notice the games slowing down or looking choppy then you'll want to drop your resolution down. If the games play well then move on to the last step.

The last step is tweaking the advanced video options in each of the games you play. Getting to the menu will be a little different in each game and I'm not going to explain each option, but feel free to tweak away.

If you turn all the advanced options to the max and still get a great frame rate then feel free to try a higher resolution.

I would max all settings. all of them. Except the sound stuff (eax and related) because it looks like you are using onboard sound. If you notice any strange popping sound, get a Creative sound blaster audigy from newegg.com, its only $23.00. But if the sound runs smooth already, dont bother with a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom