This sucks. Total reformat - No backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've been on the forums but I recently encountered a massive system failure after a botched upgrade of Norton System Works. Unfortuneately I have been forced to completely reformat and start over. So here I sit, at a mostly blank computer.

My problem is that I was not able to backup ANY files before I had to reformat. I lost everything. :(

So, I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but, how can I transfer all of my songs that are on my iPod back into iTunes? I really wanna get all my music back on here soon. Is there a program you can refer me to?

Thanks for any help, and I'll probably be posting more around here for some time due to this reformat.

Cheers!

Okay, here we go.

Install the latest itunes, install the latest drivers for ipod.

Connect the ipod, find it through my computer. Set it to veiw hidden files. Go iPod_control, follow to media or music until you get a bunch of folders like D_1 and stuff blah blah blah. AFter you see the folders (each has it's fair share of distributed music in it, wierdly named tho), just drag ALL THE FOLDERS -not the files themselves- into itunes.

You're done, and all the formatting on the songs was saved.

Sorry i dont know the path to the folders right now, Im at school and no ipod let alone the abilty to play with one.

EDIT: The path to the folders is:

"\Ipod_control\Music"

The folders are F... (the ... satdns for numbers)

copy all of those 'F' folders into itunes!

Okay, I found the folders and copied them all into my iTunes folder. They're not showing up in iTunes. I even tried to drag them all directly into the iTunes window but that's not working either.

Edit: I can copy each song individually but I don't really wanna do that with all 900+ songs.

Bah. Now you tell me. Oh well, I did it manually. Although I'm missing like 15 items... hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom