Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might run a little sluggish for you 2fast4u. With that slow of a CPU. They recommend around a 1GHz processor. You might be able to run it but there are no guarentees.

You can also try these links....

Vista 32 Bit

Vista 64 Bit

Those might help you out.

I just installed UT2004 on Vista and it works great. Havent tried any others yet but will let you know.

Im still downloading. 68% done ATM. 207kbs which is really fast for me. Ive been using the microsoft download and its working fine. I cant use any torrents because it kicks me off the network.

Will i be able to put this one a dvd and then install it onto another computer i have where the activation has expired?

Makaveli213 said:
As for your quote that is only if you try to install Vista and XP side by side on the same drive. That isnt recommended at all. It does corrupt your XP install that way.

The best way to install Vista is by having a 20GB (or so) partition to install it on.

So do you mean i should install it on a seperate hard drive? or a seperate partition on the same hard drive. Sorry just got confused by not side by side but then putting 20 gig partition.

That doesnt matter. As long as they are on a seperate partition they will work alright together. It is when you try to install Vista and XP on the same HDD with no partitions.

BTW if you are looking for a AV for Vista try eTrust EZ Antivirus. It installs and works flawlessly.

makaveli when u installed this did you only get the antivirus or did the firewall and antispam install too? on mine only the AV did :s

The other one is Trend Micro's beta internet security, that works fine and has firewall and everything. I have a problem with mine cos my pc turned off in the middle of instalation so i cant remove it properly and i cant install it cos it thinks its still there :(

after about 7 hours of downloading it, it stopped at in the last few minute and failed to download. oh well

Ok, 99% done.

What is the best way to do this? Is there a guide of some sorts for this? i dont want to mess up the XP installation i have right now on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom