Case opinions! 3D Aurora [Gigabyte]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
i'm kind of asking for opinions AFTER buying it, I know its silly but I wanna know you'r thoughts about it, BAD THOUGHTS INCLUDED!!!

I bought it because it was really high quality [one of the best cases I saw in the store (in stock at least)] while the only case i've seen that matchs it in quality was the kandalf --it was also twice the price from the 3d Aurora.. [3D Aurora cost me 630 New Israeli Shekekls (About 120$) while the Kandalf costs over 1600 NIS (Over 300$)]

So, what do you think, wise buy? bad buy? good case? bad case? cons? pros? etc.. ^^; Every opinion counts! even the bad ones! think of this as if i'm asking before buying.. :p

Oh and for the ones who doesn't know anything about this case, so far my impressions are:

its big, definanlty deserves to be calld a full-tower case.
It doesn't have a stylish side-window, but it DOES look pretty well even though, since it has a nice front grill+side grill
3 120MM Fans which is quite alot of 120MM fans [all three has blue LEDs]
and its really really light.

i must say that case is really nice. depending on the angle you look at the front it looks different each time. who cares aobut side windows, side windows only pressure you to add some eye sore lights and do some wire management. =). i recently got the p180B case. think it looks pretty good too

I have it, its an overall great case. It doesnt have the common laser shows and 5 UV cathodes and UFO style lighting like all Cliche cases you see. Its simplistic and excellent cooling properties.

Good buy!

to harry: what do you mean by revolting?

to adam, thanks for the comment ^^; though i might add a sidewindow to this case, and add all those cliche cathodes and stuff XD Im a LEDs freak!

My buddy pruchased once a few weeks back for his system, and I have to say, it is awsome. A full size tower so you have plaenty of room for anyting you could want, and all of the optical and magnetic drive slide and clip in easily. I liked it so much, I ordered on for myself the following week. Having buit in support for Gigabyte's water cooling system is a bug plus.

Yoad: Add a side window? I have only seen two models, both with side views. And both come with blue lighting by default. My buddy has the windowed one, and I have the mesh one, and I have replaced all the blue lighting with red.

well, In my country there is no side-windowed model for the 3D aurora, so i'm just gonna take this 1 and make it a window, though im not gonna ruin the side filter, I like it ^^; just gonna make a little one. my friend works in a factory that does that kinda stuff so he agreed to make it for me hehe :D

so, any other con's and pro's? So far i'm really happy with the fact I bought it lol... because it was SO CHEAP for a full-tower case and really cheap for a high-end case too (all the thermaltake ones would cost 200$+ in that store, this one I bought in 130$ and another 30$ for a thermaltake hardcano]

oh yeah, I added it a thermaltake hardcano XD For the heck of it haha (Always loved those little panels)

its not as bad as i first thought it was atully, it just looks kida weird at the front, like someone stuck a random lump of plastic on it from another case

just finished putting all the things together.. here's the pictures (rather blurry, i'll make one later with some more light and less blur):

DSCF1684.jpg

DSCF1676.jpg

cable managment is not done, future plans is red [or green]
cathode*2 and PSU Sleeving, though right now what i've done is re-wire the cables all around the mobo so its not messy ^^;, I still need to learn how to put cables behind the mobo... :S anyway!:

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom