AM2 Or Core Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Im just wondering now what i should do for my mobo/ram/proc...

Its either go am2+sli/xfire+ddr667

or

core duo+ single x16 pcie + ddr667

Im going to be getting either a g80 or r600 later when it comes out....but i need a processor and mobo now...

I like the idea of pairing a x1600xt with a r600 (using x1600xt for physics)...i would need a crossfire mobo correct? But where i live... i can get a t2500 2.0 for the same price as a am2 3800+....

also would ddr2 533 have to be run with a divider on either system? AM2 ram standard is 800...and the core duo is 667...

well considering conroe isnt much more of a performance boost over a comparable core duo chip... if i had the time id wait.

Are you kidding? It's a HUUUGE boost. The 2.6Ghz model smoked the FX-62. It will be out July 23rd. Thats not to far off.

Yeah it's true. Just wait for conroe, or at least wait until the dual core AM2's start appearing.

dual core am2's are out already....

i was comparing core duo to core 2 duo.... i know that conroe smokes amd right now dollar for dollar...

I'm sure they're really hard to get though.

If AMD is better than the current Core Duo, and Conroe beats AMD, then Conroe must be better than the Core Duo. Wait for Conroe.

Edit: Unless Conroe doesn't come out next month after all (a couple of rumors are going around).

i have access to buying am2 xp2 3800+ 4200+ 4400+....as well as all the core duo chips... in stock at a store near me..

however the t2500 is the same price as the am2 x2 3800+ (both 2ghz) and i think that the core duo is definitely faster.

Thing is there are no dual pcie x16 mobos for the t2500... and im not sure which to get...

Also if anyone could answer my ram question that would be great...

why do people keep posting about conroe....i know were all waiting for it to come out but seriously... i need a computer now not in 2 months (or later as rumors say)

Please keep discussion between am2 and core duo... right now im leaning towards amd x2 4000+... its same as 3800 but with 2x 1mb cache instead of 512... only 30 bucks more.

The question is what motherboard to go along with it....? im looking at dual x16 capable... possibly the r600GPU/x1600xt PPU combo... (can this be achieved with current boards?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom