RAM/HD/CPU for $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschmidt

Solid State Member
I would appreciate it if you guys could pick out the best combination of RAM/HD's/CPU (AMD 939) with a budget of $550 max and $500 min. I'm looking for the best gaming experience with that amount of money on those 3 parts. Good luck and many thanks to anyone willing to help out. :D

Note: Just to add, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ sitting at home. If you think that would be your CPU choice anyways then please try and find the best RAM/HD combination for $500. If that's the case I'm sure most of you will be going for OCZ RAM/Raptor HD's...but let's wait and find out. :D

Yet another note: My MB supports DDR400 RAM.

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions. I guess one of the major questions I have is will my system perform better with the 3200+ CPU and $500 of RAM/HD's or with $500 of a combination of all 3, which would probably mean adding a CPU that's better than the RAM/HD's and having not-so-high qual RAM/HD's. Sorry, that was horrible sentence structure, lol.

wow did you take english:p

Keep in Mind you can OC the **** out of that setup.

Awsome ram, Own it, Love it:)

Haha I'll bet you can. Buuuuut I completely changed things and spent my money on a widescreen LCD monitor. :cool: I'm pretty sure I'll be much more happy this way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom