Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i know that Vista has a issue with RAID configurations. Some people have a prolbem with SATA but it detects and installs on my SATA setup with no problems what so ever.

I also know that the nForce boards have some issues with Vista. The network drivers dont work right. You will be able to see you network and get onto google's homepage but nothing more.

I cant believe its supposed to be released early next year, its more like alpha at the moment.

In what way does it screw up existing windows installs?

Makes the desktop go blank, puts all the programs/docs into an old windows folder, alters the registery so that no programs are associated with files, stops loads of stuff working by saying they are not a valid win32 application, breaks the search function, it's worse than a virus.

Well i can say that after finally getting Vista installed. (that is what i am using ATM) that i was wrong on a few things.

1. The serials you get from M$ gives you the Ultimate Edition.
2. They will activate and work for the full span of the Beta. Which means that it will deactivate on 5/30/07.

So some of the info i was given before i had gotten it installed. (**** PC) was incorrect. I am sorry for the confusion.

Can anyone confirm what I quoted? I think I will be installing Vista anyway. What hardware are people using on Vista? How well does it run? Gameing any good?

Vista uses 600Mb of ram not doing anything so playing games might be a bit difficult for ppl with only 1Gb of ram. Im going to try it out soon ill let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom