error: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Hey, i just installed a sound blaster audigy card and an airnet pci-card with 3 1394 ports. But, now whenever i run windows game advisor and it scans my system, i get teh blue screen of death and it says driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. Does anybody know what this meanss/how to fix it? Im running windows xp sp1, cause i had trouble upgrading to sp2.

I noticed that in device manager, my cpu came up twice, but that might be from the intel hyper-threading.

Also, i deleted the drivers from the mobo integrated sound, but its a plug and play device, so it reinstalls each time I restart. I tried disabling it, and it dose the same thing.

Does anybody know what this means/how to fix it. I think it means 2 devices are attempting to use the same irq channel, but i dont know what an irq channel is. Thanx.

Either corrupted drivers on your NIC card or, most probably, you have a bad stick of RAM. Download memtest86 and check that RAM!!

I suggest try to reinstall you'r OS [reformat in simple words].

I had that "blue window of death" and I was CERTAIN that my CPU was fried, even my safe mode wasn't booting... [I forgot to attach the heatsink and my poor prescott skyjumped to 90C] but as I reformatted it was all fixed.

Yoad said:
I suggest try to reinstall you'r OS [reformat in simple words].

I had that "blue window of death" and I was CERTAIN that my CPU was fried, even my safe mode wasn't booting... [I forgot to attach the heatsink and my poor prescott skyjumped to 90C] but as I reformatted it was all fixed.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Run memtest86 and try the nic card in a different PCI slot and it will reinstall the drivers. If it is an onboard NIC, reinstall the drivers for the LAN/NIC. Do not waste your time reinstalling windows!! I'll bet it's a bad stick of RAM!!!! if you have two or more installed, run your system with just one installed and find which one is the culprit!

you were right about the ram. I tried running memtest, and i let it go while i was at work. It ran for seven hours, and i got back, and it was on 27. Then, it restarted itself. So i took out one of the sticks of ram. No more blue screen of death when i run game advisor, but i still cant install service pack 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom