DVI/VGA ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
My graphics card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102404) has both VGA and DVI ports.

I currently have a CRT going to the VGA, can I simply buy an LCD monitor with DVI to hook up the the DVI port and run both monitors at the same time?

Do I need to install certain software to get both working together to I can watch DVD video on one while working on the other? Or have both working on a MS app at the same time?

Thanks.

You're gonna need some sort of software to do that sort of thing. Whether or not said software was included with that card, I don't know.

It's pretty common to hook up 2 monitors at the same time. Your drivers that you currently have, as well as the built-in support from Windows will allow you to do that.

I have done the same myself. When you hook up the extra monitor, you will have to open display properties by right-clicking your desktop. Then, you can select your extra monitor and choose the option to "extend your desktop on this monitor."

Then, you can take your media player, drag it to whatever monitor you want, and play your movie there, while working on the other monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom